IARC Summer School 2021 – 100% online
Application closed 01/03/21 – Next Summer School in 2023 (Hybrid format).
Given the uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation, the IARC Summer School will be held fully online in 2021, offering a unique opportunity to learn and benefit from IARC’s expertise from anywhere in the world!
The IARC Summer School in 2021:
- Is designed for researchers and health professionals.
- Is structured to offer a combination of autonomous learning through a variety of activities, such as self-paced educational material, and pre-course individual and group assignments, and participation in live online sessions, with high-level multidisciplinary lectures and practical activities facilitated by IARC faculty.
- Is tailored to foster international collaboration, offering multiple opportunities for interactions: with IARC faculty and invited international experts, as well as among participants, with group work activities and opportunities for networking.
- Will offer a unique international and multi-cultural learning environment.
Modules at a glance
Who can apply?
The following are invited to apply: cancer registry staff, epidemiologists, statisticians, physicians and oncologists, public health specialists, postgraduate students, and others with a direct interest in working in cancer epidemiology, cancer registration, and activities related to cancer control, particularly in low- and middle-income countries.
All participants must be fluent in English, the working language of the course.
Important – Before you apply:
- Familiarize yourself with the topics and learning objectives of your module of interest.
- Carefully consider the dates and the time commitment needed to complete your module of interest. Participants are required to attend all scheduled activities. A certificate of completion will be issued to participants who have attended the entire course and performed all scheduled activities.
- Participants can attend only one module.
- Seek your supervisor’s agreement and support. A letter of support will be requested in the application process (see template).
- Check the list of fields to be completed in the application form.
What equipment will I need to participate in the IARC Summer School in 2021?
- A stable Internet connection.
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with Internet connectivity and video camera and microphone functionality.
Is there a course fee?
Participants based in low-income, lower-middle-income and upper-middle-income countries, as listed in the latest World Bank Classification, are exempt from a course fee. For participants from high-income countries, there is a fee of €500 for the course (Deadline for payment of the fee is 1 May).
Modules have limited enrolment.
Deadline for application: 1 March 2021
Successful applicants will be notified by email mid-April 2021